FREMONT, Calif. – February 05, 2019
– Confluent Medical (formerly Nitinol Devices & Components “NDC”) launched today the High-Performance Nitinol Tubing Center of Excellence in response to increasing market demand for High-Performance Nitinol Tubing in challenging applications such as Trans-Catheter Heart Valves, Neurovascular, Electrophysiology, and Interventional Pulmonary. Confluent Medical is able to support the Nitinol component manufacturers that require the highest performance in Nitinol durability, fatigue-resistance, surface finish and tight tolerances.
The High-Performance Nitinol Tubing Center of Excellence has world-class internal capabilities that include:
- High purity ELI Nitinol material. Custom-melted Nitinol material with exceptionally high purity that provides superior cyclical fatigue durability.
- Wide range of Nitinol tubing sizes and tolerances. Nitinol tubing in diameters that exceed 10mm, which is often utilized in complex Trans-Catheter Mitral or Aortic Valve components.
- Precise Nitinol tubing processes, including gun-drilling, centerless grinding, and machining. With the recent acquisition of Tube Hollows International, Confluent Medical has the most comprehensive, best-in-class offering for Nitinol tubing processing.
- Superior surface finish. An optimal surface on the OD and ID that allows for ideal component manufacturing.
The acquisition of Tube Hollows International has been a key piece in the development of the High-Performance Nitinol Tubing Center of Excellence. THI is the leader in precision gun-drilling of Nitinol tube hollows. Additionally, THI brings world-class capabilities in centerless grinding and precision machining.
Confluent Medical’s High-Performance Nitinol Tubing Center of Excellence is ideally set up to support medical device companies that require world-class Nitinol tubing for their designs for long-term implantable applications within the heart and other critical structures.